Before your Session
Hair & Grooming
- Make sure that your hair is coiffed, clean and camera ready. Always carry a comb and brush along in case you need a touch up in between poses.
- Avoid having chemical processes performed on hair. If you must refresh your hair color a few days before your shoot.
- Avoid waiting until the last minute to wax. This applies to sensitive areas(such as bikini line) be sure to take care of waxing a 2-3 days before your shoot.
- Get rid of body hair. It would seem like common sense but I have run into more of my share of clients who seems to forget so ladies do not forget to shave.
- Avoid wearing strong perfumes. If your outfit consists of sleeveless tops I suggest a clear/ invisible deodorant. Guys if you usually shave shave, if not be sure to trim.
- Have your eyebrows professionally shaped and trimmed 2-3 days before your shoot.
- Take care of your nails. Be sure that they are neat and well maintained.Unless previously discussed short nails; a natural, non-colored, or french manicured look is preferred.
- Avoid tanning (use sunblock where applicable), new piercings, dyes, tattoos and permanent markers prior to your shoot.
- If you plan on displaying your gorgeous smile be sure that your teeth are ready for prime-time.
- The secret to beautiful skin is water. Drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest before your shoot.
- Wardrobe should always be discussed with your photographer prior to your shoot. This helps set the tone/ theme for your session. Please
contact me if you are at a lost for what to wear to your photo shoot.
- All clothes must be age appropriate. Avoid too tight or too baggy outfits.Too tight will show everything you wish to hide while too baggy will make you look heavier.
- Make sure your outfits are clean and well ironed. We help capture a lasting memory you don’t want to look back and regret your clothing choice.
- Avoid Jewerly that takes away from you. Your accessories are meant to compliment not distract from you.
- Blouses, Sun dresses, Business suits, Skirts, are all great options. Check out this link on Pinterest for some great outfit suggestions.
- Along with each outfits, try to bring accessories that will accent or match the outfit but keep it simple. Earrings, bracelets, bags, hats, necklaces, gloves, scarves are all good examples. Props are more than welcomed; books, glasses, backpacks, sport equipment, briefcases, ipods or even a flag are good examples.
- No other cameras on-set beside the photographers. I cannot stress this enough. There is nothing more awkward tha having an eager friend or well meaning parent stepping in the way to grab a quick shot of their own. It is distracting and takes up time you’ve paid for.
- Bringing a friend or family member to your shoot for safety reasons is completely understandable however please do choose wisely as disruptive friend/family members are not tolerated. Please leave children not being photographed at home with another care giver. This if for their safety and to avoid broken equipment.
- All photo session outside of the studio is dependent on the weather. In case of heavy rain or unmanageable weather your session can easily be rescheduled.
- Feel free to bring your own CDs/ Playlist to in studio sessions. (The music you like will help you relax)
- Please be aware that you will be expected to sign a model release prior to your session.
- 48 hours before your shoot confirm! Call, SMS, or email me to confirm that your plans have not changed, all your questions have been answered and you are not feeling under the weather.
- Don’t be shy! You are encouraged to share your ideas any time before or during the session.
- Relax and flow naturally but don’t forget to have fun!
- And most important BE ONE TIME! 🙂